FOR PET PRODUCTS & SERVICES
For COMMENTS POLICY and LEGAL DISCLAIMERS click here.
Influencer marketing is the newest and most effective way to connect brands with buyers. Bling, Bitches & Blood Blog welcomes pet products advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Amy Shojai is a trusted cat and dog journalist known for her even-handed reporting of pet care, behavior, and product issues in the pet space. For more than 25 years she has offered pet lovers researched information in a fun, accessible format that cat and dog “pet parents” have come to trust, seek out, and share with their peers.
WHO IS AMY SHOJAI & HER BLOG AUDIENCE?
Amy Shojai is an IAABC.org certified animal behavior consultant for cats and dogs, an award-winning pet care journalist, blogger and pet book author of more than 35 nonfiction titles, and sought after speaker. Amy Shojai’s Bling, Bitches & Blood Blog provides clients with positive exposure for products or services.
The audience for Bling, Bitches & Blood leverages the “multiplier effect” with other pet experts (dog trainers, cat/dog behaviorists, veterinarians), pet enthusiasts, and loyal readers typically sharing blog post content via their own social media venues. Refer to Amy’s Digital Media Kit here.
Amy Shojai has worked with a variety of companies and brands either through this BLOG or other PR opportunities. Some of these include Merck, Purina, MarthaStewartLiving, Arm & Hammer, Chewy.com, PetsMart, Sentinel Spectrum, Grammarly, WANAIntl.com, Subaru, Perfect Litter, Hill’s Pet Products, Sergeants, Rover.com, HomeAgain, PetsBest, TidyCats, PetFinder, Pet360, BlogPaws, and others. She has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Animal Planet and in The Wall Street Journal, USA Weekend, The New York Times, Washington Post, Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, Woman’s World, and many other leading newspapers and magazines.
You also can review some of the sponsored posts previously published on the site at this link.
Bling, Bitches & Blood and Amy Shojai carefully vet advertisers and sponsors (both large and small) in order to maintain the site’s credibility and the high standard readers expect. This “tribe” of dedicated blog readers consists of pet lovers, other pet professionals, those seeking high-quality cat and dog care and behavior info-tainment, writing and publishing tips, readers, authors and others.
RATE CARD–uhm, NO
Based on past experience, the deliverables on any project vary, so any fee must be reflective of the requirements. For that reason, you won’t find a “rate card” here, or any but very broad starting fees. Feel free to share what types of content/ads/etc. meet your needs, after which rates can be shared accordingly. When a budget drives what’s possible, reach out with those constraints, and I’ll happily respond with what can be done within a certain dollar amount.
Services offered by Amy Shojai and Bling, Bitches & Blood Blog
- Sponsored posts for qualified campaigns
- Sidebar advertising/sponsorship (rarely!)
- Product reviews and giveaways
- Brand ambassadorships (both on and offline) considered based on the quality of the individual brand, product, or service.
Amy Shojai is also available as an expert source in dog and cat behavior and care, as well as writing/publishing information. She can provide quotes and/or other information for press releases and other PR opportunities, serve as an expert for radio/TV/Webinar single media appearances or Satellite Media Tours. Additionally, Amy Shojai is available for freelance writing/blogging assignments, and speaking engagements.
If you are interested in placing an advertisement or pursuing a sponsorship opportunity, please email email@example.com or call 903-868-1022 to discuss your needs.
Sponsored, Guest Posts & Link Insertions
- Brands and companies requesting sponsored blog posts must be approved prior to publication.
- All posts must reflect the values of Amy Shojai’s Bling, Bitches & Blood.
- Posts include a minimum of one “nofollow” and/or “sponsored” link to a relevant website page. A maximum of three links (all designated “nofollow” or “sponsored”) can be included and all links must be mutually agreed upon prior to publication.
- DO-FOLLOW LINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED, NON-NEGOTIABLE…DON’T ASK!
- Amy Shojai’s Bling, Bitches & Blood Blog adheres to FTC regulations pertaining to disclosure. The wording of the required disclosure statement shall be at the discretion of Bling, Bitches & Blood.
- If approved, your sponsored post will be published and available as the “top” post on the home page of Bling, Bitches & Blood for a minimum of 24 hours (more typically 48 hours). It will remain on the home page for at least one week, and thereafter, the post will remain on the site indefinitely although not necessarily available directly from the home page.
- Typical blog posts are 400-800 words. Images and video are encouraged and must be provided by the advertiser. The advertiser is required to own or have copyright permission for any images or video published and must be able to provide proper attribution.
- The fee for a sponsored blog post is $100 per post, if provided by the advertiser (and approved and/or edited by Amy Shojai.) If written in its entirety by Amy Shojai, the cost is $175 per sponsored post. Fees for series/campaign vary depending on the circumstances.
- INSERTED LINK: I receive a huge number of requests for a simple “link exchange” and so have added this option. The fee to insert a (nofollow or sponsored) link in an existing published post that directs readers to an outside blog/post/website/product page is $100. The content of the host post and the destination URL must be approved by Bling, Bitches & Blood, and will remain in the host post for a minimum of three (3) months. Bling, Bitches & Blood reserves the right to remove the link early should the content at the destination URL change.
- Amy works independently with select clients.
Bling, Bitches & Blood Blog offers product reviews on a case by case basis, and only rarely offers giveaway opportunities. Unfortunately, so many requests for product reviews are received, Amy Shojai has a limited amount of time and cannot accept all of them.
- Product reviews will only be considered when a full-size sample is provided. Typical cost for review alone is $100.
- Reviews are written by Amy Shojai. She will provide only an honest review of the product to share with readers. Companies/brands must understand that agreeing to a product review does not guarantee Shojai’s opinion of a given product will be favorable.
- Typical cost for a giveaway alone is $75. Bling, Bitches & Blood will provide the email address for the winner(s) and ask you to ship the sample directly to the winner. Giveaways are usually chosen in a random drawing.
- For a review AND giveaway combination, the cost is $125. Please contact to confirm your product review/giveaway opportunity for approval before you ship any products.
We can also develop a custom advertising/sponsorship campaign to meet your needs if desired.
(as of October 2020)
- Blog Total Pageviews: 24,000+/month
- Facebook Fan Page: 3007 (3213 follow) with ~22,000 weekly post reach
- Facebook Likes/Comments/Shares: 9-165 per post (45 Average)
- Facebook Post Clicks: Average 48/post
- Facebook Follows: 5,000+
- Twitter Follows: 3843
- Instagram Followers: 1154+
- Triberr.com Reach: 2 M+
- YouTube: 687+ subscribers
- LinkedIn Connections: 2630+ (99+ endorsed for blogging) 2630 followers
- Pinterest: 575 followers