Several years ago, I had the honor and privilege to interview more than 70 emergency veterinarians for my book THE FIRST-AID COMPANION FOR DOGS AND CATS. I’m humbled to have heard from many pet parents that the book’s information helped, and even saved cat and dog lives. Mee-WOW!
But pet first-aid and emergency care evolves, with improvements, new conditions identified, or even better techniques perfected. While the original print (and Ebook) texts continue to offer solid help to pet parents, I wanted to update the pet first-aid information with Fear Free Handling tips, and new information that has since come to light. While I pray you never need the information, this new audiobook format makes the pet first-aid veterinary advice available on-the-go, whenever and wherever you and your cats or dogs need it.
WHAT’S IN THE BOOK
“Amy Shojai has created the definitive 911 emergency guide for pets. Long recommended by vets and pet parents alike, now she’s updated the content in an audiobook format to make helping your pet—and saving his life anytime and anywhere—easier than ever before. Every cat and dog lover should have their vet on speed-dial, and this audiobook on their phone. Highly recommended!” — Dr. Marty Becker, internationally known veterinary expert and founder of fearfreepets.com & fearfreehappyhomes.com
Is there an animal doctor in the house? Most likely, the answer is no. And when an accident or other emergency threatens your pet, every minute counts. Don’t be unprepared! Listen to The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats and learn:
- Which over-the-counter human medications can help—or harm—your dog or cat
- What to keep in your pet’s medicine chest in a downloadable PDF (many essential items are probably in your house already)
- Basic first-aid techniques, such as cleaning a wound, making a splint, and updated CPR advice—step-by-step!
- Fear free handling techniques to keep you safe and reduce your pet’s stress
- How to quickly pinpoint what’s wrong with your pet, using the First-Aid Symptom Finder (Downloadable PDF)
- Access the A-to-Z guide to more than 150 injuries and conditions, including: Abscesses, Bites from Animals, Car Accidents, Choking, Gunshot Wounds, Heatstroke, Hot Spots, Jellyfish Stings, Poisoning, and Snakebites
Learn when to call the vet, which supplies or medications you’ll need, what immediate action you should take, and what you should do as follow-up care. The next time medical help is not quickly available, find lifesaving help with The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats on your audiobook device. It’s a pet owner’s second-best friend.
So — have you ever needed emergency and/or first-aid pet care? What happened and what did you do? Please share!
I love hearing from you, so please share comments and questions. Do you have an ASK AMY question you’d like answered? Do you have a new kitten and need answers? NOTE: Some links to books or other products may be to affiliates, from which I may earn a small percentage of sales, but I do not recommend anything unless I feel it would benefit readers. Stay up to date on all the latest just subscribe the blog, “like” me on Facebook, and sign up for Pets Peeves newsletter. Stay up to date with the latest book give-aways and appearances related to my September Day pet-centric THRILLERS WITH BITE!