PET TALK SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS FOR
PET SITTERS, SHELTER STAFF,
RESCUES & PET LOVERS
I serve as a pet products spokesperson/consultant for select companies, and have been speaking at workshops since 1994. Over the past few years I’ve added online webinars to my appearances.
I’ve presented at BlogPaws, BlogPurr (Merck), Barkworld, Tufts Animal Expo, San Diego Cat Show, Cat Writers Association Conference, Pet Food Forum, National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, and more. For lists of other topics see:
There are many qualified and exceptional speakers available, but my presentations offer a bit of bling-icity and furry flare not present in others offering similar topics. I’m also a certified animal behavior consultant for cats and dogs, former vet tech and have interviewed many hundreds of the movers-and-shakers in the pet world, and my 30+ pet care books bring expertise to the pet-centric topics.
- Prevent Delinquent Dogs: Socializing Puppies. They’re cute, they’re cuddle-worthy, but they grow up fast. These tips help ensure your baby dog lives up to his full potential. Learn the best age to adopt, the most important lessons to teach, and why socialization saves lives. (Seminar Approx 1 hour)
- Create Confident Cats: Socializing Kittens. Kittens areborn with cute-icity so owners just smile and won’t KILL THEM for getting in trouble. But once the cute wears off, delinquent kittens can lose their homes or lives. Socializing kittens to being handled and basic training with CRATE expectations, Liberation Training (leash/halter tips) and more builds a stronger bond. It’s life insurance for kitties! (Seminar Approx 1 hour)
- Senior Moments: Caring for Aging Pets. Learn to recognize common old age conditions, understand what home care is available, and how to keep golden oldie pets happy with informed quality of life decisions. Includes how-to home care, first aid, natural therapies, environmental accommodation tips and more. (Workshop Approx 2 hours)
- He Followed Me Home! Introducing A New Family Member. Learn all the must-knows of proper pet introductions including your new baby to the resident pets. This session offers tips for choosing comPETabible pet partnerships, and how to keep the peace during cat-to-cat, dog-to-dog, and cat-to-dog introductions. You’ll also learn how to avoid common behavior problems of multipet households. (Workshop Approx 2 hours)
- Pet Peeves. This fun session addresses the most common cat and dog complaints (potty accidents, aggression, digging, barking, clawing) and offers easy solutions and answers to such quirky subjects as: why do pets follow you to the bathroom? How can I stop pups from eating (ew!) poop. Learn how to choose the best pet combos using the P.E.T. Test, sure fire secrets to pet introductions, and more. (Workshop 2-4 hours)
Email Amy @ shojai . com (no spaces) for appearance inquiries. I’d love to visit your event!