Eight years ago, animal behaviorist September Day escaped a sadistic captor who left her ashamed, terrified, and struggling with PTSD. She trusts no one—except her cat Macy and service dog Shadow.
Shadow also struggles with trust. A German Shepherd autism service dog who rescued his child partner only to lose his-boy forever, Shadow’s crippling fear of abandonment shakes his faith in humans.
They are each others’ only chance to survive the stalker’s vicious payback, but have only 24 hours to uncover the truth about Macy’s mysterious illness or pay the deadly consequences. When September learns to trust again, and a good-dog takes a chance on love, together they find hope in the midst of despair–and discover what family really means.
“HIDE AND SEEK proves Shojai’s masterful skill at blending ripped-from-the-headlines urgency with an emotional story of real characters in escalating dangers. Add in revelatory dose of animal psychology and behavior, and you have a thriller that had me turning pages deep into the night. Here is a novel written with authority and with a deft brilliance that any lover of animals or nerve-jangling thrillers will cherish.” –James Rollins, New York Times bestseller of “The Eye of God”
“HIDE AND SEEK is a creepy must read mystery for animal lovers. Animal behaviorist Amy Shojai knows her stuff.” –J.T. Ellison, NYT bestselling author of “When Shadows Fall”
“Featuring a young animal behaviorist struggling to regain her bearings after a shocking betrayal, a reality TV show gone horribly wrong, and a series of murders and disappearances seemingly related to an unthinkable cause, HIDE AND SEEK is a mystery/thriller you won’t be able to put down!”
–Alan Leverone, best-selling thriller author of “Mr. Midnight” and “The Lonely Mile”
“If…you’d like a good deal of nailbiting suspense, a fair amount of psychological distress both past and current, quite a bit of action and even a little humor here and there and, yes, a pair of pets you’d like to call your own, then you’ve come to the right place…” See the rest of the review at Buried Under Books
“If you’re a fan of medical thrillers by the likes of Robin Cook or Michael Palmer, you will absolutely love this book. If you enjoy a well-written mystery featuring a lot of animals, you will also love it. Just don’t plan on picking it up unless you have some extra free time.” Ingrid King, THE CONSCIOUS CAT, read the rest of the review here.
2014 HIDE AND SEEK BLOG TOUR
(and a few more…)
- 6/01 ~ Suspense Magazine Blog Talk Radio
- 6/02 ~ Interview @ Lauries Thoughts and Reviews
- 6/03 ~ Review & Giveaway @ 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too!
- 6/05 ~ Guest Post @ How to Write Animal POV at Writers and Authors
- 6/09 ~ Review @ Creatures ‘n Crooks/Buried Under Books
- 6/10 ~ Review @ Vics Media Room
- 6/11 ~ Review & Giveaway @ Deal Sharing Aunt
- 6/16 ~ Showcase @ The Book Divas Reads-Excerpt
- 6/16 ~ Review @ Dakota’s Den
- 6/16 ~ Review @ Cat Chat with Caren & Cody
- 6/17 ~ Review @ Hotchpotch
- 6/18 ~ Interview & Showcase @ CMash Reads
- 6/20 ~ Pros/Cons of Animals in Fiction: Guest Post & Showcase @ Thoughts in Progress
- 6/22 ~ Guest Post @ Auntie M Writes
- 6/24 ~ Interview @ Mochas, Mysteries and More
- 7/2 ~ Review @ Hezzi-Ds Books and Cooks
- 7/03 ~ Showcase @ A Blue Million Books
- 7/08 ~ Showcase @ Ryder Islingtons Blog
- 7/09 ~ Review @ Waterside Kennels Mysteries
- 7/14 Review & Showcase @ The Wormhole Book Blog
- 7/15 ~ Review & Giveaway @ Marys Cup of Tea
- 7/16 ~ Showcase @ X-Mas Dolly
- 7/19 Showcase @ Books Books and More Books
- 7/26 ~ Showcase @ Hott Books