Nothing beats a cute puppy for love, but proper puppy care and training prepares you and your new dog for a healthy and long life together. Written by About.com Puppies Expert Amy Shojai, this up to date new guide provides a “Puppies 101” packed with veterinary facts, health care advice, how-to tips, and fascinating information about:
- Choosing, training and communicating with your new puppy
- Pros and cons of purebred versus shelter/rescue sources
- Understanding common behavior problems and how to prevent them
- Food, grooming and humane training recommendations
- Tips for introducing your puppy to adult dogs, cats, babies and kids
- The latest veterinary recommendations for preventive care
- How to recognizing common health issues, and what to do
- First aid and home remedies that save you money—and your puppy’s life!
- More than two-dozen SQUEE! cute puppy pictures
- Canine legends, myths and fun puppy facts including: Why puppies drink from the toilet, why dogs act guilty, reasons dogs hump your leg, and more!
Nearly half of United States homes keep over 83 million pet dogs and puppies. That’s a lot of furry love! COMPLETE PUPPY CARE empowers you with all the information necessary for your puppy to grow up into the happy, healthy dog you both deserve.
For more dog care advice refer to: