CAT WRITERS ASSOCIATION MUSE MEDALLION AWARD:
2013 BEST CAT BEHAVIOR BOOK OF THE YEAR!
The United States is home to 86.4 million owned cats, and 52 percent of owners own more than one cat. That means more furry love for owners, but also can put your cats’ tails in a twist over that (HISSS!) new feline friend. From conflicts over favorite sleep spots to sharing potty facilities, adding new pets rubs fur the wrong way and creates hairy situations for everyone—including you.
This new guide gives owners of multiple (or single) cats the help they need to understand why cats act with cat-egorical aggravation, and learn how to soothe the growls and turn your household into a peaceable kingdom. You’ll find detailed prescriptive how-to advice focused in the most common problems found in the multi-cat household. Use these fun techniques to calm fears, explain cat body language, and strengthen the bond you share with your cats. Step by step tips from this award-winning author and certified animal behavior consultant explain how to:
- Recognize and diffuse cat-to-cat aggression
- Settle disputes over territory, potty problems and mealtime woes
- Choose an appropriate furry friend that resident cats welcome with open “paws”
- Introduce the new arrival (including babies and kids) to the current cats
- Solve common pet peeves: meowing, clawing, countertop cruising, door dashing and more!
- Understand weird behaviors: phone attraction, mirror fear, “elevator butt” and toilet pests
Fun, practical, and eminently informative, Competability helps owners devise strategies that enable multiple cats to live in harmony within the same household. Written by one of America’s premier pet experts, the book explains everything the loving cat owner needs to know. Most important, Competability provides crucial tips on how to evaluate and match your pets’ personalities, improve their relationships, and make your home a sanctuary for cat fun and peace.